- 15 Videos
- 3 Quizzes
- 7 Texts
- 3 PDFs
- 2.7 hrs
Dictate your book, don’t type it!
Voice writing is NOT futuristic — people are making more money by writing faster, high quality material using speech recognition technology today.
Voice recognition software is better than ever and you can leverage it to make your thoughts tangible.
Speech recognition software is not magic, even though it seems that way sometimes.
I have used voice recognition software since it became available for desktop use in 1999. I have used a well-known voice recognition software brand since 2002.
Today, there are many options available, many free, and I share details about them.
This course contains videos to give you an overview of some of the most popular voice recognition tools.
There are many benefits to dictating your book and you can learn how in this course.
- You can break the habit of slow kinetic writing, which is expressing your thoughts through motion.
- You can learn how to fill your mind with your ideas and speak your first draft.
- Most people type less than 40 words a minute. You can speak over 180 words per minute. Write a 5,000 word chapter in less than 30 minutes.
- Write the book inside you by using voice recognition technology.
- Finish the book you started.Voice writing can empower you.
In this course I ease the path of technology adoption for writers by:
- Explaining why you should use dictation even if you have tried to use speech recognition software in the past.
- Demonstrating major speech recognition software as part of the course.
- Providing the techniques you need to successfully use your voice to write your book.
- This course will help you overcome your preconceptions about voice writing and open a valuable way of expression to you.
After completing this course, you'll have the tools you need to…
- Select the speech recognition software best for you, some of it free.
- Learn how to use the best kind of microphone.
- See how the three major types of voice recognition actually work.
- Know how to adjust your thought processes to speak your book.
- Visualize your book details as you speak.
- Use specific techniques I teach in the course.
Now is the time to change from slow kinetic writing to voice writing. It’s not the wave of the future, it’s happening now. This course will put you on the the fast-track to use voice writing now.
- A Bachelor's degree and two Master's degrees (academic and professional).
- Served as an editor for a national book-selling magazine.
- Taught writing and New Media subjects at conferences and on the University level, both overseas and in the U.S. He was named to Outstanding Educators of America.
- Traveled to 31 countries as an NGO journalist.
- Worked for book publishers and has been the CEO of his own independent publishing company for 24 years.
- Works as a freelancer from Southern California.
Today, he writes books and teaches courses on writing and publishing, business, education, health issues, relationships and spirituality.
He is genuinely interested in helping his students reach their writing and personal goals. You can reach him here and he responds as promptly as possible.