- 15 Videos
- 3 Quizzes
- 7 Texts
- 3 PDFs
- 2.7 hrs
Learn to dictate your book or blog posts.
You find your real "voice" when you use it to write.
Course updated 2020.
Voice writing is NOT futuristic — people are making more money by writing faster, high quality material using speech recognition technology today.
Voice recognition software is better than ever and you can leverage it to make your thoughts tangible.
Speech recognition software is not magic, even though it seems that way sometimes.
You will learn how to capture your thoughts and transform them into words on the page.
There are many benefits to dictating your book and you can learn how in this course.
- You can break the habit of slow kinetic writing, which is expressing your thoughts through motion.
- You can learn how to fill your mind with your ideas and speak your first draft.
- Most people type less than 40 words a minute. You can speak over 135 words per minute. Write a 4,000 word chapter in less than 30 minutes. Complete a 1,200 blog post in 10 minutes.
- Finish the book you started or get your blog post done on time. Voice writing can empower you.
In this course I ease the path of technology adoption for writers by:
- Explaining why you should use dictation even if you have tried to use speech recognition software in the past.
- Demonstrating major speech recognition software as part of the course.
- Providing the techniques you need to successfully use your voice to write your book.
- This course will help you overcome your preconceptions about voice writing and open a valuable way of expression to you.
After completing this course, you'll have the tools you need to…
- Select the speech recognition software best for you, some of it free.
- Learn how to use the best kind of microphone.
- See how the three major types of voice recognition actually work.
- Know how to adjust your thought processes to speak your book or blog post.
- Visualize your book or blog post details as you speak.
- Use specific techniques I teach in the course.
Now is the time to change from slow kinetic writing to voice writing.
It’s not the wave of the future, it’s happening now. This course will put you on the the fast-track to use voice writing now.
- A Bachelor's degree and two Master's degrees (academic and professional).
- Served as an editor for a national book-selling magazine.
- Taught writing and New Media subjects at conferences and on the University level, both overseas and in the U.S. He was named to Outstanding Educators of America.
- Traveled to 31 countries as an NGO journalist.
- Worked for book publishers and has been the CEO of his own independent publishing company for 25 years.
- Works as a freelancer from Southern California.
Today, he writes books and teaches courses on writing and publishing, business, education, health issues, relationships and spirituality.
He is genuinely interested in helping his students reach their writing and personal goals. You can reach him here and he responds as promptly as possible.